We have a vacancy for a full or partime Youth worker
- Location: St John’s URC, Orpington
- Salary: £22-£25k pa (pro rata for part time)
- Hours: Full/part time (totalling an average of 35 hours per week for FTE)
- Term: 3 year contract
Closing Date: Friday 14th June 2019
Email for job description/applications: email@example.com
St John’s mission is to be a caring community of God’s people where each person is encouraged to grow in faith and to share with others through worship, service,
witness and lifestyle. One of our primary priorities is to serve our local community with particular emphasis on children and their families and young adults.
Due to the wide age range the job has been split into two roles, however we would consider filling the position in a full time capacity if a candidate has the skills and ability to do both:
- Children and Families Worker 0-11 year olds Click here for full Job Description
- Youth Worker 11-25 year olds Click here for full Job Description
- Ability to create a fun and inviting atmosphere for children, their families and young adults
- To develop links with the local and wider community – schools, Churches Together
- Work with and encourage existing volunteer leaders to develop both the children’s work and also their own understanding of how to share faith
- Explore opportunities for “non-Sunday” church and different ways of “being church”
- Have a minimum of 3 years’ experience of working with young people in a Christian environment and teaching the Bible in a relevant way
- Have an enthusiastic approach to bring new ideas and initiatives into the Mission of the Church.
- Hold a clean full driving licence.
Note : An enhanced DBS will be required for this role and undertaken prior to commencement of employment.